Jun 4, 2012

E3 2012 - EA - Not as alone forever as last time...

Hey! TheNoodle here, doing some liveblogging of the EA conference at E3 2012, what are we gonna see? Welp, it couldn't be hard to top the showing of last years showing, so let's get on with it!

Dead Space 3, looking heavy, I knew there was an ice planet, but do we actually get to see a standing force standing against the necromorphs? Drop-in drop-out co-op, could be fun, just so long as you get to turn it off if you want. It's gonna be action-packed, but I wonder if the gameplay is easier to accomodate a wide swath of gamers.

Madden 13...this looks like it's a really important innovation with the Infinity Engine, maybe you're not a sports fan, but pushing game physics further is really important and could affect games for years to come.
Michael Irving..charming fellow :) And good point about being on top of the mountain.
Interesting hall of fame mode, really puts the career touch into the focus of just one player. Makes me think of Fight Night careers. And fuck social connection, none of your friends on twitter, facebook, or whatever else care about your unimportant achievements in a fucking video game. Get over it.
I guess all I can hope for is this to be a game to make me excited to share my accomplishments.

Sim City Social..I could see myself playing this for sure, really, EA has had great performance with making social games thatmake you want to play them for a long time.
New Sim City is looking interesting, something that'll be fun for core fans, but multiplayer support might be fun, though the airport scene makes scared that it'll be a social requirement to build a friggin airport. Also the graphics are really nice and pleasing to the eye, simplistic in a way. ALmost makes think that the gameplay will be simpler as well, which I can't imagine will be that bad to atract new gamers to the sim city franchise.

Battlefield Premium...great idea, some really cool new expansions, but 49.99..no. No. On top of 60 dollars, that's way too much to make a gamer pay.

SWTOR updates, great to update users on the status of this game, as well as already going f2p much in response to WoW's f2p scheme. Looking forward to the new species and new planet for sure!

Medal of Honor Warfighter looks like it could be a great relaunch of the franchise. Future fighting is definitely a big point of shooters this year. Global combat in the multiplayer really sounds like it could be an interesting aspect. One nation would rise to the top one day and the next it could be the last one you'd expect. Reminds me of Soul Calibur 2 in the arcades.

EA Sports basically stroking it's ego....blah blah blah...and here comes the Fifa news. Let's see if this impresses me like the madden news.
Fifa social..basically. Sorry, I just don't care that this is something people need to innovate on, call me introverted, but I want technical innovations not just connections to facebook.
Once again, Fifa, to it's credit, has continued it's commitment to increased control, which I admire, I just hope it's not so hard for newcomers to get into. Easy to pick up, hard to master is the name of the game.

UFC news incoming! Haha wow, finally EA gains the UFC license, it was only a matter of time but it's good to see a committed sports developer like EA get ahold of it to push it forward.

Need for Speed Most Wanted..looks beautiful, the gameplay looks...intense, I dont' even really like racing games, but I saw the level of speed you experience and it had my mouth agape. I'm happy to see that there's none of the arcade style gameplay of using little tools in the game. Just pure racing.
Crysis 3 looks amazing, the team behind it deliver some of the best physics as well as cool technology, I hope your in-game character appears to be as impulsive as he appears in the demo.

In summation, I think...actually, this was a really solid showing from EA, much better than last year! With Dead Space 3, incredible innovations in the new flagship titles of Madden and Fifa, and the return to form of Sim City, updates on SWTOR, Medal of Honor Warfighter, and Crysis 3, Electronic Arts is really looking to be a strong competitor for the best showing of E3, little early to say, but Ubisoft, Nintendo, and the others have alot to top for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment